1. The EBSI aims to deploy cross-border blockchain services across Europe as soon as possible
- According to the release, the objective of the program is “the deployment of solutions in the next three years”
- In order to streamline this process, the EBSI has chosen to seek technology developed by existing agencies that can deliver a “novel distributed ledger or blockchain solution which builds on the EU legal framework, in particular the GDPR Regulation, the eIDAS Regulation and the NIS Directive.” That’s where ChromaWay AB comes in!
2. The program is seeking solutions that can ‘go significantly further than what is offered by existing solutions’
- The mandate of the program is to source “a public infrastructure [that] should meet core requirements of scalability and throughput, interoperability, security, robustness, a reduced environmental footprint, energy efficiency and continuity of service”
- At ChromaWay AB, both our enterprise solutions and public facing dapps (developed on Chromia) began with the core mission of evolving and scaling dapps beyond what is possible with current blockchain solutions. Our relational database architecture makes data handling far more efficient than traditional blockchains - a strength which we feel is invaluable when developing large scale public infrastructure solutions.
3. The program is seeking a solution that can fulfill both public and private use cases
- As per the directives laid out in the summary, the winning solution “should anticipate the implementation of a wide range of new cross border use cases or services that could be public or private”
- We feel we are uniquely qualified to meet this demand, due to our experience in delivering both private enterprise and public blockchain solutions. ChromaWay AB has been working in the enterprise space for several years, using Postchain. These technologies were then adapted for the creation of Chromia, a public blockchain protocol.
4. The program is seeking a solution that can offer interoperability with other blockchain initiatives
- As blockchain technology becomes increasingly adopted, the importance of interoperability will only increase. For this reason, the EBSI has emphasized interoperability as an important feature.
- Via Chromia, we are currently developing Layer-2 solutions and enhancements for both Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain by supplementing existing dapps as well as through an upcoming asset bridge. This work gives us first hand knowledge of important aspects of interoperability.
5. ChromaWay AB is one of only 7 contractors selected for the first phase of development
- The EBSI selection process will take place during various phases, as noted below:
- Phase 1 (solution design): Launched in July 19 2021, lasting approximately 3 months. All 7 contractors will participate.
- Phase 2A (prototype development and lab testing): Will start 1 to 2 months after Phase 1 for a duration of 6 months. Provisionally, 4 contractors will participate.
- Phase 2B (further solution development/finalisation and field testing): Will start in continuity of the phase 2A for a duration of 12 months. Provisionally, 3 contractors will participate.
- Phase 1 is nearing completion, and thus we can expect to find out if ChromaWay AB will be part of Phase 2A sometime in the near future. We will post further updates on the EBSI program as they become available.
About ChromaWay AB
Based in Sweden, ChromaWay AB is a blockchain development company founded in 2014. We are the developers of Relational blockchain, a new architecture which combines the power and flexibility of a relational database with the fault tolerant decentralized security of a blockchain. This technology also powers Chromia, our public platform for decentralized applications.
We are also responsible for the development of Postchain, a private blockchain or consortium database utilizing relational blockchain architecture. Postchain has registered property on three continents, accelerated the growth of green finance, and formed the basis for a proposed national e-currency.
Chromia is a relational blockchain platform developing Layer-1 and Layer-2 solutions for the next generation of decentralized applications. Their core team of Alex Mizrahi, Or Perelman, and Henrik Hjelte are notable contributors to the cryptocurrency space, with roots stretching back to the earliest forms of blockchain tokenization. By combining the security of blockchain with the flexibility of databases, Chromia aims to unlock new possibilities for blockchain based development.
Website | Twitter | Telegram | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
This article references the following official release dated October 2nd 2021: